CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Captured & Consumed


I finally went to Wal-Mart and got my hands on the book, "Twilight," by Stephanie Meyer. I had heard bits and pieces about it, but finally Tia got my curiosity going. I have to say I am totally consumed with this book. It is awesome! I have to literally pull myself away because I have other things that are more pressing to do, but whenever there is a free moment, my eyes and mind are totally consumed with the characters. I am not an avid reader, so a book really has to get my attention. Another of my all time favorites are C. S. Lewis's, "Narnia." Remember President Hinckley's Book of Mormon challenge. Well, as I was a late comer to get the BOM read by the end of the year, which I started in late November, I ended up dreaming about everything that I was reading. I found myself in the forests running from the battles around me. Well, that too happened when I read the Narnia series. I get so "captured & consumed" that I dream about it. So, many times I was living in Narnia having conversations with Lucy. Now I am dreaming about "Twilight." So to make my point, if I am dreaming about the current book I am reading, it must be good. As a side note, "Twilight" will be coming to the big screen at the end of this year, so get a "jump start" on it now, you won't be disappointed!. How about you, what are your favs?

3 comments:

The Little's said...

You pinpointed my favorites already...ALSO Harry Potter (what am I...12??) and a lot of church series...anything by Jack Weyland (I probably am 12) the "Children of the Promise" series...umm...yes. I like to read. Oh oh...anything by John Grisham and...I'm boring you, aren't I? You wouldn't think I have 2 kids, would you? I read too much for 2 kids.

mamapickle said...

Love, Love, Love the twilight series. I read all 3 books in 6 days. Let's just say my house was slightly neglected that week, but sooo worth it!

Coonsfamily said...

Oh my bananas! I am so obsessed with this series! I have reverted back to when I was 14 and like totally boy crazy. I have neglected my daughter, let my house fall by the way side and even thought my husband was lame because he isn't vampire like. Hehe! I hope you enjoy the books as much as I have. I can't wait for #4 this summer