CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good Ship Lollipop

Kalea had her dance recital this past weekend. She was so good and so cute! Unfortunately, we had torrential rains (2 inches in 2 hours) that ended up flooded the Civic Center where the girls were to perform. We ended up and one of the school district's auditoriums and the girls had to do two shows instead of one because of limited seating. It was a LONG day. The first show ran about 2 1/2 hours and they had a small break to eat pizza and then were on again. I came away with a headache, but the girls were still going. Who knew that there were so many fascets to having a daughter in a dance recital. Obviously, not this mother. I felt so unprepared. Everyone came with flowers and things to do while the girls were backstage--oh, well, it will be better next year. Anyway, Kalea did awesome front and center.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cuttie!! Yeah I would have no idea about all the "backstage" stuff as well...how fun though!

Ann Marie said...

Those costumes are ABSOLUTELY DARLING! What fun! I can't wait until my little one is doing this. Only one more year! That would be hard to have to do it twice and keep the kids entertained, but what fun to be doing that with your daughter! I can't wait! I bet you guys were beat that night!

mamapickle said...

such adorable outfits! Hope the rain has stopped.

Summer said...

I love the dance costumes (are they called costumes?). She looks so cute and grown up!